founder of naked leader
Time to Rise: Just over 2 minutes, Gas Mark 7
After all of that Organisational change, it’s still a cake
Take one cake
Cut it horizontally
- Now cut it into slices in radials
- Now cut it horizontally again
- Now turn it over
- Finally cut it into squares (over the radials)
What do you have? A messy cake.
But it’s still a cake.
Take one organisation
- Cut it horizontally so you have less layers
- Now cut it into slices, or silos
- Too many silos, so cut it horizontally again
- Now, turn your new organisational chart over
- Finally cut it into functions (over the silos)
What do you have? A messy organisation. But it’s still an organisation.
Get over it
The question is – how good are the ingredients and the baking – not how well it was sliced!
With my thanks to the genius that is Emma Langman @emmalangman.
And my love and best wishes to you all.