Time to Read: 1 minute 24 seconds
Klara’s Top 10 Tips for Organising a Successful Event
We had such great feedback on Rob Gibby’s top tips for being a great speaker, that I asked Klara Svad for her top tips when organising Company Corporate Events. Klara organises events for our client partner, Veolia, and is the best there is – focused, organised and most importantly of all, with a perceptive eye for detail.
1. Get inside the person’s head you are running the event for to understand the purpose of the event and who the audience are.
2. Visit the venue – does the website tell the truth. Is it easy to get to? Have the venue’s marketing people been a little bit liberal with the truth?
3. Detail, Detail, Detail then more detail.
4. Understand AV so that the “experts” don’t fob you off.
5. Detailed agenda, clear roles and responsibilities for all involved in the preparation and during the event. Only one overall owner though. Host a dummy run.
6. Ensure the food and drink is up to standard (try it – that’s a perk of the job). Cater for all dietary requirements. This can “make or break” the event. And make sure people know when the breaks are – people want to know when they will be fed and watered.
7. Check, check and double check again prior to the event so you have a fighting chance that everything runs perfectly throughout.
8. Get feedback – everyone likes to give you an opinion.
9. Debrief post event.
10. Work hard and smile.
And a bonus 11 – Make sure you arrive early – very early, oh yes, and don’t ever do what I once did – get on the wrong train!
Thank you Klara – I will obey!
With my love and best wishes to you all
Share your comments and tips in the comments below
Connect with Klara on Linked In