founder of naked leader
Post Brexit and Uncertain Times – 2 of 3 – Projects – Fewer, Bigger, Bolder
Time to Read: 2 minutes
What to do post Brexit? Indeed, what to do that will work in all economies, to bring certainty in uncertain times, confidence where there is doubt, and above all, security for your future, regardless of what is happening around you. All of this meaning that you can look ahead, rather than over your shoulders.
The 7 Actions that will guarantee project success – and they will be fewer, bigger and bolder.
Know where you want to go:
(1) An outcome set in stone
- Clear (understandable by anyone and everyone in your organisation)
- Concise (In a headline)
- Compelling (Specific amount of money made or saved).
(2) Everyone involved on the project knows how what they do each and every day helps achieve the overall outcome.
Know where you are now:
(3) Personal Accountability – Every project has a clearly identified, single point of ownership, a person who takes total ownership for the project’s success – before, during and after.
Know what you have to do, to get to where you want to go:
(4) Simplify – Prioritise all projects across your company – 1 to n, based on their financial return on investment. If it’s not on the list, it’s not happening.
(5) The team is all – one team, with one voice and vision. Put together project teams based on people actively wanting to be in the team, who each bring a specific, complementary skill, strength or passion.
(6) Each team member, and the team, must be clear what they are empowered to do – must do, may do and never do – apply the Naked Leader Fried Egg of Empowerment to all Projects.
(7) Show me the money. Projects must make money, not cost money. The business case must be delivered on completion – a financial return that is 3 times your investment, including all of your internal costs. If a project cannot deliver 3 times, then don’t do it.
With my thanks to Jon Kidd, our Project Success expert, and my love and best wishes to you all
Next week – Profit – Money – the most authentic thing of all – where an organisation gets real.
Please share your thoughts and comments below
I think with Theresa May at the helm we might just do it.
So there will be a debate on a petition to hold a second referendum. What, keep going until it’s a remain?
Great post David, as ever. We must be positive and tackle Brexit head on. Be brave and bold and show leadership.
Just do it, that’s what we have to do and Boris Johnson is the man to do just that.
The Brexit NL weeks are excellent, David.
Full of hope and optimism rather than the usual doom and gloom monering we hear from politicians.