founder of naked leader
Naked Leader Week – 316 – Monday 13 July 2009
The Seven Business Lessons from…
Time to read – 70 seconds (10 seconds a lesson)
The results for onebestway have been astounding – increased customers, morale and turnover/profit. There are 4 common sense reasons for this, and 3 that I did not anticipate:
Four common – sense tips (that are not so common) for any organisation:
- Know where you want to go – have a vision for your organisation that is understandable by a ten year old. (If they can’t – your customers won’t).
- Know where you are now – bring the truth in the room – stab people in the stomach, not in the back
- Know what you have to do to get to where you want to go – Unlock the potential of the people you already have by using their natural and learned strengths every day.
- Just Do it! Take action – Your success comes down to what you actually do. What you, your people and your organisation do, every day. Everything else is just noise.
Three unexpected factors that helped onebestway’s extraordinary success
- Have a common enemy – in this case it was me and the prospect of Naked Friday – in your company it may be a competitor, or going bust.
- Treat your key projects like a TV schedule – with a “drop dead” deadline that cannot be extended because the programme has to be aired.
- Have fun! I often write about this – I had completely underestimated its role over these five days. We spend so much of our lives at work – please, enjoy!
Thanks for reading – now, what are you going to DO?