founder of naked leader
Naked Leader Week – 282 – Monday 17 November 2008
Read Time: Thirty Seconds
Who Am I?
- born Stevenage, January 7, 1985
- Parents separated when he was two and he lived with his mother and half-sisters
- At age of ten knew what he wanted to achieve and told people – he wanted to enter one of the most competitive sports in the world, and become its champion
- At twelve, he started living with his father, stepmother Linda and another half-brother Nicholas who has cerebral palsy
- His father would work in three jobs at once to support his son’s determined decision made at ten
- Frequently told he wouldn’t achieve it
- Being of mixed-race (black father, white mother) had to frequently endure
Bullying, racism, and even threats on his life
- On Sunday 2 November 2008, aged 23, became the youngest ever Formula One World Champion, securing the title race on one of the final bends, on the final lap
And ask yourself – if he can do that, what can I do?