founder of naked leader
Time to Read – three minutes
While you may still be thinking of your dreams, ideas and plans in this fledgling year I want to revisit the Formula for Guaranteed success which hasn’t been covered for awhile. It is in the books and it never changes!
Over the next four weeks I am going to invite you to go for one of your goals using this process…
Know where you want to Go – The What
I used to have a PowerPoint slide (before we banned it!) with the quote
“Make no little plans – they have no magic to stir man’s blood.”
(I liked that slide!)
• Focus on what you want – your outcome, and keep it in mind throughout
• Set a standard for yourself, higher than anyone else can ever reasonably expect of you
• Word your outcome in language understandable by a ten year old
Know where you are now – The YOU
• Be the very best that you already are (don’t let what you can’t do, get in the way of what you can)
• Take ownership of your life
• Be open and honest with people
Know what you have to do, to get to where you want to go – The MOMENT*
• Don’t focus on “change,” focus on “Choice”
• Make True Decisions (stop changing your mind about your outcome)
• Value your “gut feel” (it is both logical and scientific to do so)
* It is in The Moment that you make a true decision that your future is decided.
Do it! – The HOW
Take one action. Then ask yourself: Does this action, this behaviour, this thought, take me closer to where I want to go, or who I want to be?
If yes – do more of the same
If not – do something different
SO that’s it – simple, and not easy!
For the next 4 weeks we will focus on each step to see how much nearer you can get to achieving your ambition for 2011, and beyond.
With my love and best wishes