founder of naked leader
Time to read: 100 Seconds
Naked Leader Week 981 – 4 July 2022
But not to the point of self-destruction
Last week I was observing a meeting of Senior Execs, and as I did, I realised something about people who call themselves “humble” – they often appear the most arrogant:
• They do not accept compliments (an insult to the person offering the praise).
• They are very defensive when receiving critical feedback (“don’t you have a go at me – that’s my job”).
• They talk about themselves a lot (“let’s talk about you – what do you think of me?”).
That is not being humble, that is having low self-esteem, and it is one of the biggest diseases inflicting adults.
If this is you, do these:
• Accept compliments (Accept them by looking the person in the eyes and saying “thank you” – whether you believe they are genuine, or not).
• Receive feedback (Again, say “thank you” – you will find as you do a feeling of deep peace run through you, and the person you thank will immediately pay you a compliment.
• Listen to others – really listen (Ironically that is the best way to be respected, trusted and popular.
With my love and best wishes to you all